Simple steps to keep your home warm and cosy
It's never too late to insulate.
No doubt by now your homes heating has been on more regularly and the thicker coats and jumpers have made an appearance this Winter. We are often reminded each year that we will face rising fuel bills and colder winters, but what simple steps can we carry out to keep our homes warm and cosy, whilst lowering our energy bills.
When it comes to keeping your home warm this year and cost effective to heat, look at your home improvements as a whole. Your home will really benefit from insulating its roof, but don't forget you could be losing a vast amount of heat through your walls and draughty spots. Treating each area individually as part of your whole-house plan will mean you will spend less on your energy bills and have more money in your pocket.
Keep your warmth in
- An uninsulated home could be losing as much as 35% of the heat produced by your central heating system.
- Insulating walls results in less energy waste as heat is retained for longer inside the building.
- Insulated homes are not only warmer but cheaper to run.
- Fully insulating your home can reduce your heating bill by as much as 33% and also help the environment.
- Houses are responsible for around 27% of the US carbon dioxide emissions.
- If everyone in the UK with a suitable home installed Cavity Wall Insulation, it would cut CO2 emissions by around 7 million tonnes - That's enough CO2 to fill nearly 40 million double-decker buses!
Grant funding is available to help homes become warmer and more fuel efficient has recently changed and now focuses on those most at need, helping them to keep their homes warm and reduce their fuel bills.
Do you qualify for a grant or know someone that might? Click here to check out the qualifying criteria.
Even if you don't qualify for grant funding, we would be happy to provide you with a price to make your home warmer and cheaper to heat this winter. Simple insulation upgrades start at as little as £30, reducing the amount of heat disappearing through your roof and therefore helping you to stop burning money.
Start receiving the benefits of lower energy bills and a warmer, more comfortable home by contacting us for a no obligation survey.
Date : 29-10-2019