Did you know that around 25% of heat loss in the home escapes through the roof? Or that in 2003 in the UK, the energy we used in our homes produced 27 per cent of the carbon dioxide emissions entering the atmosphere.
Loft Insulation can save you up to £140* per year. With current low installation costs the payback period can be very short.
With recent changes to ECO grant funding Aran are providing up to 100%* grant funded Loft and Cavity Wall Insulation available to all eligible properties, regardless of the homeowners, renting tenants or landlords income.
New funding means that many homes may be eligible for grant funded insulation, subject to survey terms and conditions apply.
Most homeowners know they have some Loft Insulation, but many are not aware that the depth recommended by the Energy Saving Trust and current Building Regulations is 270mm, or approximately 11 inches. If your insulation is either level with or below the height of your rafters you could save more precious energy by topping up your Loft Insulation with a further 200 mm.
Installing the right level of loft insulation will also lessen your family's impact on the environment, and help protect you against future price rises. You can future proof your home by insulating your loft to 300mm of insulation.
Energy Efficiency is a government priority and insulation grants are still available for householders regardless of income.
Many families use their lofts for storage areas, we are able to insulate your loft and install boarded areas to allow you to benefit from insulation and still use your loft space.
If you or one of our highly trained surveyors find you have a Wood Worm problem in your home we can also treat this. Click here for more info
*Subject to survey. Figures are quoted from the Energy Saving Trust. Based on adding Loft Insulation of 270mm to an uninsulated three bed semi-detached house.Terms and conditions apply.
Your Loft Insulation Questions Answered
- I already have some loft insulation - Do I need to install more?
- My loft has been fitted with floorboards - Will this cause a problem?
- There is a lot of pipe work in my loft space. Will your price include insulating the pipe work too?
- How much will loft insulation cost?
- What type of material is use to insulate?
- How about the water tanks?
- My ceiling joists are only 4" (100m) deep. How will additional layers of insulation fit in between them?
- Do I need to provide ventilation to my loft space?