Solid Wall Insulation London - Aran
Solid / External Wall Insulation
Most houses built in the UK before 1930 were constructed with solid brick walls, making them unsuitable for standard Cavity Wall Insulation, there are also properties built after then that may have solid walls. Some properties with cavities may not be suitable for Cavity Wall Insulation, using an External Wall Insulation system can allow these properties to be insulated without causing any problems to the construction.
However, solid wall and timber frame properties can be insulated by applying an insulated render finish to the external face of the walls, or insulated plaster board to the inside.
While more expensive than Cavity Wall Insulation the system is very effective and may also be eligible for grant funding. Internal dry lining with insulation-backed plaster board is also available and is necessary to secure ECO funding, but may offer an effective solution in conservation areas or places with restricted planning regulations.
The application of an External Wall Insulation system will drastically reduce your home's heat loss as well as improving the exterior of the property, possibly increasing its value as well.
A full and detailed survey needs to be carried out in order to establish the existing wall type, required insulation thickness and render finish; detailing to windows doors and fascias is also a consideration, as is the removal and refitting of rainwater and other external pipes and fittings.
Solid Wall Insulation installation costs start at £9,950 per property, depending on size and ease of access to the walls to be insulated. Homes maybe entitled to grant funding.
Don't need to insulate? Ask us about our render only options.
Before and after installation
Frequently Asked Questions
Please ask our site any questions you may have about Aran Group
To get the best results keep your questions very simple. If you do not get the answer you need please contact us
Here is a list of frequently asked questions.
- What are the benefits of solid wall insulation?
- After my walls have been insulated can I fix anything to them?
- How to identify if I have solid or cavity walls?
- How long does external wall insulation last?
- Is the work guaranteed?
- How long will it take to install?
- What materials do you use to install Solid Wall Insulation?
Aran offer a solid wall insulation package covering London and the surrounding areas of London.
Energy Conservation Services in London:
- Air Source Heat Pump London
- Cavity Wall Insulation London
- Energy Saving Grants in London
- Energy Saving Requirements for Landlords in London
- External Wall insulation Grants London
- High Rise Cavity Wall Insulation London
- Loft Insulation London
- Pay As you Save Energy Saving Finance London
- Room in Roof Insulation London
- Solid Wall Insulation London